To be honest, I am probably straight-up plagiarizing someone else’s delicious creation because I know my family didn’t invent this Won Ton salad, but we’ve been making it for so long I have no idea who created the original recipe.
This Won Ton Salad is great as a dinner, appetizer, or pot luck contribution and SUPER yummy with all the texture you crave in a salad.
Won Ton SaladCourse: Dinner, Salads, AppetizersCuisine: AsianDifficulty: Medium
1 pkg Won Ton Wrappers, Cut in strips and fried in oil
1 head Romaine Lettuce
1 cup Craisins
Red Onion, Small, Diced
- Sugared Almonds
1 Cup Sliced Almonds
2 Tbsp Butter
6 Tbsp Sugar
- Asian Chicken
4-5 Chicken Breasts
1 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
Dash of Ginger
1/2 Tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Sugar
1/2 Tsp Pepper
1/2 Cup Canola Oil
3 Tbsp Vinegar
1 Seasoning Packet from Oriental Ramen Noodles
- Combine all dressing ingredients and mix well. Let sit to combine flavors.
- Cut chicken in to bite-size pieces and cook in water, sugar, soy sauce, and ginger.
- Simmer until liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Sugar Almonds
- Melt butter in skillet until sizzling
- Add Almonds and 4 Tbsp Sugar
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 4-5 minutes or until sugar melts and nuts are golden brown. (Careful not to burn!)
- Remove from Heat and Stir in remaining sugar
- Quickly spread onto waxed paper; cool completely.
- Combine all ingredients and toss with dressing.
- Alternately, leave ingredients separate for individual salad building. Also better if you think you might have left overs.